Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A photographic tour of Kathryn's past two months

Hello all,

It's been a while, no? Sorry about that we had papers and reading and moving and everything.
But! I have just turned in my last paper of the term and am enjoying a lovely afternoon at Noel and Nora's where Siodhbhra and I shall attempt to do something resembling a Thanksgiving dinner for them later.

There's no way I can catch you up on everything that's happened so instead I will give a photographic tour of the past month and a half:

First, a trip to Canterbury to visit Angelique, much fun was had including seeing sheep in a field next to campus (definitely not something  you would find in London), sightseeing at Canterbury cathedral, and proper tea with scones and everything.







Next, my birthday rolled around. Siodhbhra had class all day so I spent it wondering around London until we could meet up. I went to the Tate Britain museum and wondered around Westminster.
There was a modern art exhibit with a huge concave mirror. It was really disorienting if you got close because it would take up your whole field of vision.

The next weekend Angelique came up to see me and we went around London doing geeky things like going to the British museum and trekking out across London to take our picture in front of the TARDIS (ok, it wasn't the real TARDIS, but a girl can dream.)
This clock tower is not Big Ben. Big Ben is one of the bells inside the clock tower
The closest we could get to 10 Downing St., where the Prime Minister lives
Woo Hoo! Guards in funny outfits near the Royal Cavalry Museum.
The actual real Rosetta Stone.


Last but not least, the Lord Mayor's show was two weeks ago. There is a big parade through the City of London (capital C, which means the one square mile old City of London) and fireworks. Ahh British ceremony, they certainly know how to do that right.







There we are. Hope you enjoyed all of my photos and what not. I will try to be more proactive with the updating in the future.

Until next time,
Kathryn

1 comment: